Vaughan in PFA team of the year
Image by : Ross Cooke, Bury FC Media
James Vaughan has been named in the PFA League One Team of the Year
The PFA Divisional Teams of the Year have been announced ahead of the 44th PFA Awards to be held in the Grosvenor House in London on Sunday April 23 2017.
PFA Members from 100 clubs (Premier League, Football League and WSL) have been voting and the PFA Divisional Teams of the Year are as follows.
The PFA League One Team of the Year, Sponsored by Panini
- Goalkeeper - Simon Moore (Sheffield United)
- Defender - Kieron Freeman (Sheffield United)
- Defender - Mark Beevers (Bolton Wanderers)
- Defender - David Wheater (Bolton Wanderers)
- Defender - James Meredith (Bradford City)
- Midfielder - Mark Duffy (Sheffield United)
- Midfielder - John Fleck (Sheffield United)
- Midfielder - Josh Morris (Scunthorpe United)
- Midfielder - Erhun Oztumer (Walsall)
- Forward - Billy Sharp (Sheffield United)
- Forward - James Vaughan (Bury)
The PFA have announced this year’s nominees ahead of the 2017 PFA Awards, with the prestigious event to be held at the Grosvenor House, London on April 23.
The PFA Awards celebrates the best of English football in an evening attended by hundreds of current professional stars of the game, to recognise the outstanding performers in every division.
As the season draws towards its climax, the PFA Awards is a celebration of the achievement of all PFA members from the last 12 months.
In addition to the PFA Players’ Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year categories, the divisional Team of the Year are announced for all five divisions and we honour footballing achievement through the PFA’s Merit Award.
Previous winners of the prestigious PFA Players’ Player of the Year award have included Luis Suarez, Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs. The current holders are Riyad Mahrez and Izzy Christiansen.
PFA Chief Executive, Gordon Taylor OBE: “The PFA Awards is always a special occasion and one of the biggest nights in football’s social calendar.
“For the winners who are honoured at the awards, there can be no greater personal accolade than that of being recognised by your peers; an honour to be cherished.”