Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
30 December 2017 Venue The Energy Check Stadium at Gigg Lane Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match preview: Bury vs Fleetwood Town

29 December 2017

Bury host Fleetwood Town on Saturday in the last game of 2017.  The Shakers will be hoping to finish the year on a positive, after successive 3-0 defeats.

Whilst the result at Peterborough was harsh on Chris Lucketti’s side, the same can’t be said for the one against Rotherham, with the Shakers’ boss far from pleased with the performance “The first half was totally unacceptable.  The fans were having a go at the players and rightly so.  I’m fully supportive of the fans having a go at the players and I told them in no uncertain terms at half time – lack of effort, lack of commitment, lack of desire was apparent to see.  I’ve laid into them at half time and we’ve seen a reaction second half, but for me it’s too late.”

Captain Stephen Dawson started his first game in four and a half months, and he was pulling no punches with his verdict “First half is a disgrace really from a players’ point of view.  If you’re a player coming off that pitch and you think you’ve done well at half time I don’t think you should be here.  We let ourselves down – to be fair we’ve let ourselves down all year.  I can accept mistakes – the fans can even accept people probably having an off game, but we’re in this position for a reason.”

Games at this time of year come thick and fast, so an opportunity to put Tuesday’s performance to bed has come around quickly, with Lucketti telling us “The next game can’t come quick enough and Saturday will be an opportunity to move on from this”.

The Shakers could be boosted by the return of Nathan Cameron, who’s game time is being managed, as it has been all season.  Michael Smith could also provide another option after Chris Lucketti confirmed he missed the Rotherham match after being involved in a car crash.  Add to this the return of both Dawson and Danny Mayor, and there are additional options opening up for the Bury management team.

Fleetwood Town will be familiar to the Shakers' Manager as he served his management apprenticeship as an Assistant Manager and Caretaker Manager for the Cod Army

Fleetwood were able to secure a much needed win on Boxing Day at Oldham as they secured their first win in 9 games at Park.  Fleetwood are solid at the back and look to hit teams on the counter attack and with the pace of Devante Cole and Ash Hunter the Shakers will need to be wary of the threat they possess.

Fleetwood’s View

Click here to view the official Fleetwood Town website

Last Time Out

Match Coverage

Domestic iFollow subscribers can listen to live commentary of Saturday’s game by signing into their account and visiting the match centre.
Overseas subscribers can watch the match live by following the same instructions.
We will also have updates over on our Twitter account: @buryfcofficial.
There will be post-match reaction on the website, iFollow and our official YouTube channel, with highlights to follow on Sunday.


Saturday’s referee is Dean Whitestone.
This will be Dean’s 26th game in charge this season.  In his previous 25, he has issued 61 yellow cards, and 3 red cards.  His last game was last Saturday as he officiated in Doncaster’s 1-0 win at Bristol Rovers, where a total of 4 yellow cards were shown.

We’ve Met Before

Saturday’s meeting will be the 8th between the 2 sides.  The Shakers are yet to record a victory against our coastal neighbours, with the Cod Army winning 4 and the remaining 3 games being draws.


Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match Report: Bury 0 - Fleetwood Town 2

30 December 2017

Bury needed to bounce back and finish the year on a positive note after successive 3-0 defeats to Peterborough United and Rotherham United.

Chris Lucketti had made 4 changes to the side that faced Rotherham United with Nathan Cameron, Andrew Tutte, Callum Reilly, and Michael Smith coming in for Alex Whitmore, Rohan Ince, Josh Laurent and Nicky Ajose.

With the fixtures at this time of year coming thick and fast, today gave the Shakers the opportunity to put their last two results behind them and gain some much-needed points, against one of Chris Lucketti’s former sides.

It was never going to be easy for the Shakers, in their previous 7 meetings with the Cod Army, Bury have never once come out on top, and unfortunately, that trend couldn't be broken as the Shakers suffered their third successive defeat.

Bury were the first to have a go after some good work from Callum Reilly and Danny Mayor found the Shakers in a dangerous position on the edge of the box. Mayor played a great through ball to an unmarked Andrew Tutte who attempted to place the ball into the top corner of the Fleetwood goal, but it was just over.

Danny Mayor came close in the 7th minute Mayor with a run on the inside of Lewie Coyle which caught out the Town defence. He unleashed a curling shot, but former Shaker Cian Bolger was well positioned to deflect the ball out for a Bury corner.

It was a lively start by Danny Mayor, who used Reilly's overlapping run to take a defender away, but his pass into the box was blocked before getting to Smith who had found himself in a good position.

Bury nearly took the lead after 15 minutes as Jay O’Shea worked his way past the Fleetwood centre-halves, however, his strike at goal didn't have enough power behind it to beat Neal.

The visitors’ first chance of the game came in the 23rd minute when a corner ball from George Glendon was floated into the box finding the head of Bolger, but he could only head it wide.

Just two minutes later the ball was in the back of the Bury net after some great play by Glendon on the right byline, who drove into the box past Greg Leigh and drilled the ball across goal – it was deflected out, falling to Ash Hunter who smashed home from around 8 yards.

Bury were looking for a quick response when Danny Mayor found Phil Edwards with a good long ball, who passed back to Dawson – it was worked inside to Callum Reilly who forced Neal to turn a powerful 25-yard strike over the bar.

Bury weren't giving up, and Captain Stephen Dawson fancied his chances from the edge of the box. He hit a low, fierce shot that certainly tested Chris Neal who couldn't get hold of it, but he just about managed to get it out for a corner.

Michael Smith did well to get past Bolger and chase down a ball over the top. He played a smart ball to Dawson, who went down inside the box before he had chance to pull the trigger - he was screaming for a penalty, but as a result, was booked by the ref for protesting too much.


HT: Bury 0 – 1 Fleetwood Town


It was the worst possible start to the second-half for the Shakers when the Cod Army doubled their lead just 2 minutes after the restart. Schwabl won the ball back inside of his own half and played it over the top of Bury's hesitant defence and they were punished by Devante Cole who dinked the ball over Fasan from inside the area.

Some good defending from former Shaker Ashley Eastham managed to hold up Michael Smith as he was about to shoot from inside the area, but the centre-back managed to avert the danger.

In the 64th minute Uwe Rosler's side had the ball in the back of the net for the third time through Ash Hunter, but fortunately for the Shakers, it was disallowed. As he went to celebrate he saw the linesman’s flag was up.

Bury were still in search of a goal late into the second-half. Chris Maguire, who had earlier replaced Michael Smith, found himself in a good position down the left after good work by Leigh. He hit a hard cross that was turned behind at the back post for a corner. The Shakers had a chance from the resulting corner when Nathan Cameron connected with the ball, but could only head it over.

Substitute Craig Jones came closest to pulling one back for the Shakers with just 5 minutes to go. A great ball found Jones down the right, he worked his way past Bell into the box and unleashed a great left-footed shot which looked goal bound, but it was somehow saved by Chris Neal who was at full stretch and managed to get a fingertip to the ball.

The final chance of the game fell to Bury. The ball was crossed to the back post by Dawson and Schwabl managed to get his head to it but failed to clear, it fell to substitute Chris Maguire who hit it on the volley, but his shot was just wide.

It wasn't the end to 2017 that Bury had hoped for, and they will certainly head into 2018 hoping for a much better year.


Full-Time: Bury 0 – Fleetwood Town 2


Bury: Fasan (GK), Leigh, Edwards, Cameron, Tutte, O’Shea, Smith (Maguire 66’), Dawson (C), Aldred, Reilly (Bunn 56’), Mayor (Jones 73’)

Subs not used: Moloney (GK), Skarz, Laurent, Danns

Fleetwood Town: Neal (GK), Coyle, Bell, Eastham, Dempsey, Burns (McAleny 72’), Bolger (C), Glendon, Hunter (Sowerby 89'), Schwabl, Cole (Hiwula 80’)

Subs not used: Cairns (GK), Pond, Rodgers, Biggins.


Attendance: 3,158 (242 away)



Advertisement block

Advertisement block