Change of date to 10 July - 7:30pmBury will play Belgian side Cub Brugge KV on Wed 10 July, kick off 7:30pm
Nickname: Blauw-Zwart (Blue-Black)
UEFA club competition honours (runners-up in brackets)
• European Champion Clubs' Cup: (1978)
• UEFA Cup: (1976)
Domestic honours (most recent triumph in brackets)
• League title: 13 (2005)
• Belgian Cup: 10 (2007)
• Founded in 1891, Brugsche Football Club merged with FC Brugeois in 1897, taking the name Club Brugeois. After winning their first Belgian championship in 1920, the club was awarded the Royal title and became Royal FC Brugeois.
• It was not until 1971 that the Flemish Club Brugge KV was adopted. The club had flitted between the first and second tiers during the intervening years but have been a permanent fixture in the top flight since 1959. The Blauw-Zwart won the Belgian Cup in 1968 and 1970 and, in 1973, clinched a second league title.
• It was the start of a golden age that coincided with the 1975 move from the Albert Dyserynck Stadion to the club's current home, the Jan Breydel Stadion. Ernst Happel led Club Brugge to two European finals in three seasons, only to be denied 4-3 on aggregate by Liverpool FC in the 1976 UEFA Cup showpiece and fall to the same opposition in the 1978 European Champion Clubs' Cup showpiece.
• Club Brugge did stamp their authority on the domestic game during that same three-year period, a side spearheaded by record scorer Raoul Lambert winning three league titles. Jan Ceulemans assumed Lambert's talismanic mantle after his retirement, captaining the side to championship crowns in 1980, 1988 and 1990, and to the 1988 UEFA Cup semi-finals where they were overcome by RCD Espanyol.
• Werder Bremen were Club Brugge's conquerors in the 1992 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup last four, though solace came domestically with a ninth league title. Four more have followed since (1996, 1998, 2003 and 2005), as well as a tenth Belgian Cup in 2007.
You can read more about Club Brugge on their official website by clicking here
Admission for all pre-season game will be announced soon