Cruciate damage for Stephane Zubar rules him out for 6 to 8 months
Kevin Blackwell has revealed the extent of Stephane Zubar’s knee injury.
Stephane returned to the South Coast last week to have the knee assessed by specialists, and following a phone call from Stephane on Wednesday evening, Kevin Blackwell has revealed that the player will be out of action or six to eight months with cruciate damage.
Zubar will face surgery in the coming weeks.
Speaking to Shakers Player earlier today, Kevin Blackwell said: ‘unfortunately Stephane now needs surgery which will leave him out for anything between five or eight months. It’s going to go into next season for him. He was terrific for us and I spoke to him yesterday and he thanked Bury FC for what we have done for him. I’ve told him that a lot of Bury fans want to thank him and they have become massive Zubar fans.’
Whilst with the Shakers, he played six games before collecting the injury during the Notts County game at Meadow Lane last month.
Our thanks and appreciation is extended to Stephane for the time he was with us, and we wish him a very speedy and full recovery.