Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Shakers lose at the JD

29 November 2014

Dagenham & Redbridge take all three points

Bury lost their fourth game in a row in all competitions after Dagenham & Redbridge took all three points back to East London on Saturday afternoon.


Second half goals from Alex Jakubiak and Jamie Cureton sealed a 2-0 win for the Daggers with Bury dropping out of the SkyBet League Two play-offs.


David Flitcroft made five changes from the defeat against Newport with Rob Lainton, Adam El-Abd, Rob Milsom, Craig Jones and Danny Nardiello coming in for Scott Loach, Jimmy McNulty, Chris Hussey, Hayden White and Ryan Lowe.


The first half was a dull affair with neither team creating many noteworthy chances. Bury the closest to opening the scoring in the opening period when Danny Rose spun and shot but his effort was easily saved by Dagenham goalkeeper Mark Cousins.


Cousins was in action against in the 24th minute when he spilled Rob Milsom's cross under pressure from Rose but he was alert to the rebound to deny Nicky Adams from close range.


The Shakers had the ball in the net nine minutes later through Danny Rose but it was disallowed after the linesman on the far side ruled he was offside from Adams' first time cross/shot.


Bury started the second half the better of the two teams and created two chances early on. First, Danny Nardiello hit the bar from six yards out before Craig Jones headed narrowly over from Nicky Adams' near post corner.


Despite all the pressure it was the away side who took the lead in the 55th minute. Oye Obileye headed a deep free kick back into the area and the unmarked Alex Jakubiak was able to tap in from close range to make it 1-0.


Bury responded well to going behind and had another effort ruled out for offside almost immediately after Nicky Adams adjudged to have made his forward run too early.


The home side then had a strong penalty appeal turned down in the 60th minute after Danny Mayor went down under the challenge of Scott Doe as referee Andrew Madley ruled Mayor had dived and the former Sheffield Wednesday man was shown a yellow card.


Once again Dagenham continued to soak up the pressure and added their second in the 74th minute. Jamie Cureton received the ball in the middle of the area, turned his marker and buried his shot past the dive of Rob Lainton to double the away side's advantage.  


As time ticked by Bury pushed for a way back into the game but were continually denied by the Dagenham defence. Nicky Adams fired over from close range before Nathan Cameron hit the bottom of the post as the fourth official indicated five minutes of added time.


The Shakers had one final chance before the full time whistle but Craig Jones" goal bound shot was blocked almost on the line and the danger was cleared.


Andrew Madley brought the game to an end shortly after and the result means that Bury have now lost their last four games in all competitions ahead of next week's FA Cup Second Round game against Luton.

Advertisement block