Shakers fans invited to play their part in the first Emirates FA cup video game tournament
• One lucky Bury fan will represent the club at Wembley.
• Gamers from across the world invited to compete for Emirates FA Cup glory at one-off event at Wembley Stadium connected by EE
• Tournament format to replicate The Emirates FA Cup, with one player representing each club from this year’s third round draw
• Early rounds to be played across iconic areas inside Wembley Stadium, including The Royal Box, changing rooms and players’ tunnel
• The Final to be hosted on the Wembley Stadium pitch in May ahead of The Emirates FA Cup Final
The FA has today announced that it will host the inaugural Emirates FA Cup gaming tournament, with Bury fans invited to represent our club and compete for glory at Wembley.
Fans will compete using one of the world’s most popular football-based video games.
Early rounds will take place in iconic locations in the stadium such as The Royal Box, the changing rooms and the players’ tunnel, with the two finalists set to play the virtual final using Wembley Stadium’s 82-foot giant screens as they sit in the centre circle.
Gamers will descend upon Wembley as the home of football transforms into an gaming colosseum that will turn heads and sweat palms in equal measure.
The eventual winner’s adventure will replicate that of this year’s Emirates FA Cup finalists, as they look to navigate the early potential banana skins through to the tougher tests of the latter stages, with a chance to play on the Wembley pitch looming. The victor will receive a VIP experience at The Emirates FA Cup Final, as well as the prestige of being the competition’s first champion.
Bury fans can enter via http://www.EveryGamersAdventure.com, where they will be entered into a ballot and subsequently selected at random to be one of the 32 names in the third round draw. Applications are now open and will close on March 18 2016 with those selected in the ballot notified by March 25 2016.
Lucy Roberts-Hartley, The Emirates FA Cup Marketing Manager said: “We are expecting amateurs to face elite gamers, just as The Emirates FA Cup features many David and Goliath fixtures. We hope the lure of playing everywhere from the Royal Box to the Wembley pitch will entice the very best gamers from across the globe.”
“Many adventures have culminated at Wembley, but this gaming tournament will bring the spirit of The Emirates FA Cup to a new audience, whilst retaining its magic and history.”
For more information on this season’s Emirates FA Cup adventure, visit TheFA.com/TheEmiratesFACup.