To manage, implement and monitor the coaching staff of Bury FC Academy to ensure the delivery of excellence in all areas, especially technical and tactical development in line with the requirements of The FA, Football League, Premier League and adhering to EPPP.
Job Title: Head of Coaching
Reporting to: The Academy Manager
Closing date: 03/07/2017
- Organise and oversee all coaching programmes within the 9 to 16 age range and to organise all coaching groups for the 9 to 16 age range and to coach for the 9 to 16 age range as required.
- Implement and monitor the Academy Coaching Syllabus for 9 to 16 year olds and ensure the coaching syllabus for the age range is delivered, meeting both Bury Football Club and FA criteria including operational and legal requirements – coaching style, child protection, health & safety, first aid, diet and nutrition etc.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, management, supervision and development of the Academy coaching staff, taking whatever steps are necessary to maintain the highest professional standards at all times. Provide regular updates on all Academy activity and player progress to the Academy Manager.
- Structure and chair Academy meetings with all coaches in conjunction with the Academy Manager and to co-ordinate all Academy fixtures through close liaison with the Academy Administrator and with the fixture secretaries and other officials at other football clubs
- Ensure that young players train for quality and development and that the rules and regulations of the Academy and the mission statement and philosophy of Bury Football Club are encouraged at all times.
- Educate academy coaches to understand our Academy philosophy, values and culture.
- Work closely with the FA coach developer
The safety of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance to Bury Football Club and we shall continue to do our utmost to help safeguard children and vulnerable adults in our care.
We continue to be proactive in the delivery of our safeguarding polices which are reviewed on a regular basis and our staff regularly attend FA Safeguarding Workshops in order to keep up with changes in legislation and will continue to ensure the safety and well-being of all young people engaged in activities at the football club.
We work with the Sport and Education Trust, to carry out Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks on any potential new member of staff where a DBS check is necessary, whether they are paid staff or a volunteer, before they can work with minors (i.e. young persons under 18 years of age) and vulnerable adults. There are NO exceptions to this.
Our policy is approved by our Child Protection Advisor and the Hull Safeguarding Children Board
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- A UEFA ‘A’ Badge coaching with at least 10 years coaching and management experience.
- Coaching Module 1, 2 and 3 qualifications.
- Checked, signed off and registered by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in respect of Child protection.
- An excellent manager and communicator.
- Enthusiastic and motivational.
- An individual with high level planning and organisational skills with an ability to pull together diverse information and work to tight timetables.
- Extensive local knowledge with an ability to network effectively at all levels.
- Someone who creates an enjoyable learning environment with an ability to understand and relate to children, teenagers and adults.
- To be able to encourage and reinforce learning points and build on individual’s strengths.
- To be proactive with a successful track record of establishing strong relationships within the community, with colleagues, officials, other football clubs and FA representatives.
- Professional Association Football and Club ambassador.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of working with children and safeguarding procedures relevant to the position.
Please forward C.V’s and supporting letters to:
The closing date for applications is July 3rd 2017