An opportunity has arisen at the club's Carrington Training Ground for an Assistant Groundsman.
As part of the role, you will be required to work at the training ground, and at the Energy Check Stadium at Gigg Lane on match days, to help deliver the high standards required both by the club and the Football League.
• To liaise closely with the Grounds Manager on the day-to-day requirements at the training ground, to ensure that the pitches and the surrounding areas are kept to a very high standard.
• To develop proactive working relationships with the Grounds Manager, Head Groundsman at Gigg Lane, coaching staff, and key management at the club.
• To assist the Head Groundsman at Gigg Lane when directed to do so by the Grounds Manager, which is likely to be in pre-season or to help on a short-term specific project.
• Control of irrigation.
• General maintenance of workshop ensuring all tools and equipment are safely stored after use and issues with machinery are logged.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
• Minimum 6/8 years' experience working on professional pitches within sport with a preference on Football.
• A firm understanding of health and safety and to be prepared to attend courses to enhance your skill set.
• PA1, 2a, and 6 Spraying certificates are desirable.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Offer ideas on how the pitches could be improved, either operationally or cosmetically, always bearing in mind that there are budgets to adhere to.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability and desire to achieve the high standards set.
• A proactive working style.
• Willingness to work unsociable hours as and when required
• A full UK Driving Licence
Salary – Competitive
How to Apply
To apply, please contact Gareth Lester, Grounds Manager, the Energy Check Stadium at Gigg Lane, Gigg Lane, Bury, BL9 9HR or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications Friday 14th September 2018.